2. Top brake lining plugs into brake lining bolt holes (Fig.
Reassembly of Hub and Drum Assembly
1. If wheel studs were removed, replace entire set of
studs with new set. Install stud nuts and tighten to
200 ft. lbs. torque (Fig. 143).
3. Position brake cam roller on brake shoe. Apply light
2. Check bearing bores In wheel hub to be sure all nicks
coat of Never-Seez on broke cam roller pin and insert
and burrs have been removed from both bores and
pin. Secure pin with cam roller pin lock pin and cotter
bearing seats. Install bearing cups In hub with wide
pin (Fig. 141).
diameter of taper toward outside of hub. Use bearing
driver to drive cups Into place (Fig., 144). Bearing
driver dimensions are given In Fig. 145. Make sure
4. Press brake shoe bushings into brake shoe (Fig.