lbs. (reading on pull scale) equals 211 in. lbs. Divid-
34. Some axles use thrust ring in end of spindle. If pro-
ing by 12 equals approximately 17 ft. lbs. which is
vided, tap thrust ring into spindle until it is fully
within specifications of 15 to 20 ft. lbs. rotating
seated (Fig. 188).
35. Install planet carrier "O" ring on planet carrier as-
sembly, and install planet carrier assembly on hub
torque (Fig. 189).
32. Install nut lock and outer nut and tighten securely
as shown In Fig. 182 to lock Inner nut In position,
Re. check rotating preload torque by one of two
methods outlined above.
33. Bend two tangs of nut lock against fiats on Inner nut
and bend two tangs against flats of outer nut (Fig.
36. Position sun gear on axle shafti secure with sun gear
retaining ring (Fig. 190).