1. Park machine on level ground, set parking brake
and lower blade.
2. Remove top bulkhead cover and rear floor plate.
3. Install a 3000 psi (20000 kPa/200 kg sq/cm)
pressure gauge in test port on bottom of steering relief
4. With engine RPM at 2000, check steering relief
pressure by turning machine to a full lock (fully turned)
position and taking gauge reading.
Caution: Do not hold for more than 30 seconds.
5. If pressure is more than 50 psi (345 kPa/3.5 kg
/sq cm) above or below 2000 psi (13780 kPa/140 kg sq
cm), the steering relief valve should be adjusted.
6. Remove valve cap for access to adjusting screw.
7. Turn adjusting screw one quarter turn at a time, in
to raise pressure, or out to lower pressure.
8. Recheck steering relief pressure.
Dozer Relief Adjustment
9. If the pressure is satisfactory, tighten locknut and
7. Recheck relief valve pressure with engine RPM at
Caution: After steering valve or steering pump repair
2000 and dozer at maximum height.
or replacement, before starting engine, back off relief
8. If the pressure is satisfactory, tighten locknut and
valve until spring tension on adjusting screw is
Caution: After valve or pump repair or replacement,
before stating engine, back-off relief valve until
spring tension on adjusting screw is relieved.
STEERING SYSTEM PRESSURE
TESTING AND ADJUSTMENT should be made every
400 hours after machine operation with hydraulic oil at
Steering Relief Adjustment
Steering Relief Valve