1. Park machine on level surface, lower blade and
set parking brake.
2. Remove top bulkhead cover and rear floor plate.
3. Clean all dirt from around hydraulic tank filter
head. Remove cap screws and lift off filter head to vent
Note: Check valves are located in hydraulic tank return
lines to prevent tank from draining. Filter head must be
vented to prevent hydraulic oil from siphoning out.
Back Off Pressure Adjusting Screw
7. Refill hydraulic tank to proper level with clean
8. Start engine and idle for three minutes. During
this break in period, the steering pump should run free
and not develop an excessive amount of heat.
9. After it has been determined that the pump is
operating properly, the steering system pressure should
be adjusted (refer to STEERING SYSTEM PRESSURE
TESTING AND ADJUSTMENT).
Venting Suction Line
10. Install top bulkhead cover and rear floor plate.
4. Disconnect and cap hydraulic hoses at the pump.
5. Remove pump mounting bolts and remove pump
1. Before installing steering pump, check condition
of splines on drive gear.
2. Clean pump mounting surface and install new
gasket on pump mounting face.
Install pump and mounting bolts (refer to
4. Reconnect hydraulic hoses except pump inlet
5. Fill hydraulic pump with clean hydraulic oil (refer
connect inlet hose to pump.
6. Remove steering relief valve cap and back off
Steering Pump Assembly