The following instructions will cover the disassembly of
the steering pump assembly after the unit has been -
removed from the machine. Disassemble the pump In a
clean, dust-free environment. Clean outside of pump
with a good grade solvent and dry thoroughly.
4. Remove the port cover thrust plate and check
1. Center punch mark side port cover with pump
body for proper alignment on assembly.
2. Secure pump body In a vise, loosen and
remove side port cover mounting bolts.
Note: Be careful not to mar any machined surface.
Remove all burrs.
Thrust Plate Removal
5. Remove drive and driven gear and inspect for
3. Remove the side port cover and inspect for
wear or scoring,
Drive and Driven Gear