STEERING RELIEF VALVE
Install valve and mounting bolts (refer to
3. Reconnect hydraulic hoses and fill hydraulic tank
1. Park machine on level ground, set parking brake
and lower blade or bucket.
2. Remove top bulkhead cover and rear floor plate.
4. Test and adjust the steering. System pressure
3. Clean all dirt from around hydraulic tank filter
(refer to STEERING SYSTEM PRESSURE TEST).
head. Remove capscrews and lift off filler head to vent
5. Install top bulkhead cover and rear floor plate.
Note: Check valves are located in hydraulic tank return
lines to prevent tank from draining. Filter head must be
vented to prevent hydraulic oil from siphoning out.
Steering Relief Valve
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY:
Venting Suction Line
1. With valve secured in a vise, remove cap,
adjusting screw, pilot spring and poppet.
4. Disconnect and cap hydraulic hoses at the
steering relief valve.
5. Remove valve mounting bolts and remove valve
1. Before installing steering relief valve, remove
valve cap and back off adjusting screw.