9. Oil new seals, packing and cylinder tube liberally
before installing-piston into tube.
Piston and Piston Shaft
6. Remove all packings, seals and 0 rings.
10. Install cylinder head and piston on piston shaft
and torque to 700 ft-lbs (97 m-kg).
Caution: Care must be taken when installing piston in
cylinder tube, that piston packings are not damaged.
11. Tighten cylinder head securely and cap the
cylinder parts. Cylinder may now be reinstalled on
7. Clean all seal and packing grooves and wash all
parts in clean solvent.
8. Replace all seals and packing from available seal
Note: For easy seal replacement, place all seals and
Piston Shaft Seal
packing in warm water to eliminate excessive stretching.
Cylinder Head Seals