Relief Valve Removal
1. Place master cylinder in a vise in horizontal
2. Remove the cover plug, then remove the relief
valve by turning it counter-clockwise. The valve cylinder
is slotted on the top edge to fit a wide screwdriver.
Low Pressure Piston Removal
1. Place the cylinder in horizontal position in a vise.
Note: To prevent damaging the cups, be sure to lubricate
the high pressure, low pressure and secondary cups with
2. Replace the low pressure piston.
End Plug Removal
3. Replace first the small and then the large return
3. Remove the end plug. This nut is under spring
4. Insert the inside end plug gasket.
pressure. The high pressure piston, end plug gasket and
5. In order to properly assemble the unit, it is
check valve assembly should "pop" out on the release of
essential to push the low pressure piston forward about
the end plug.
11/2 inches (4 cm) from the pushrod end with a rod or
4. The low pressure piston may be removed by
screwdriver and to hold the piston in this position until the
pushing the piston through the cylinder from the pushrod
high pressure piston has been installed.