PRESTART AND STARTING PROCEDURE
1. For first time starts after machine has been stored
not released, the engine will turn over but will
for a period of time, refer to OUT OF STORAGE
7. Place gear lever in neutral position.
8. Depress throttle pedal.
2. Check all oil levels according to MAIN- TENANCE
9. Turn key to START position.
SCHEDULE. Check fuel level.
Caution: Do not crank engine more than 30 seconds
3. Visually inspect machine for leaks or component
10. After engine starts, release throttle pedal and check
engine oil pressure gauge. If pressure is not indicated
4. Remove safety links.
within 15 seconds, shut off engine and determine cause.
11. Depress' throttle pedal to deactivate ammeter
5. Make certain that no one is in center joint area
between scraper bar and rear wheel.
6. Release handbrake.
Note: The handbrake switch is connected to the fuel
COLD WEATHER STARTING
The best aid for cold weather starting is proper aid, the use of an ether spray or ether soaked rag may aid
maintenance. Check cooling system anti-freeze protection; starting.
keep batteries fully charged and properly serviced; and use Caution: Spray ether only while cranking engine. Do not
an engine oil suitable for anticipated temperatures.
inhale ether fumes.
If machine is fitted with optional cold starting aid, activate
If machine is not fitted with optional cold start- ing
pump while cranking engine.
7. Fuel level gauge
Hold engine at idle speed for approximately two minutes
8. Visually inspect machine for leaks
after starting. Perform the following checks:
1. Engine oil pressure gauge
2. Converter oil pressure gauge
11. Operation of controls
3. Transmission oil temperature gauge
Allow engine to reach operating temperature before
6. Hydraulic oil level gauge