Overheating can cause seals and gaskets to relax and
4. Check air temperature to radiator. Few radiators
fuel nozzles to change their operating characteristics. If
can adequately cool a fully loaded engine with
125°F (52°C) ambient air.
severe or prolonged overheating has occurred, have the
5. Check for recirculating air currents.
LOW OIL PRESSURE
6. Check fan and water pump belts for proper tension.
Look for the obvious first.
1. Check the oil level.
7. See that engine room vents and louvers are open.
2. Check floor for oil from leaks.
8. Check water hoses for leaks. Is the water pump
inlet hose collapsed. Hoses have been known-to
3. To determine if low oil pressure was the cause of
peel off internally and restrict water flow.
the shut down, crank the engine with the fuel valve
disconnected. If unusual noises come from the
9. If the engine is overloaded, overheating can result.
engine, discontinue cranking. If oil pressure fails to
build up, and no external leaks are found, the
problem is probably internal.