High-Mount Fan Drive (Fig. B)
1. Loosen the four bolts holding the adjustment
Water Pump-Fan Drive (Fig. A), and Air Compressor
2. Loosen the adjustment bolt locknut.
1. Loosen the adjusting bolt and pivot bolt on the
3. Turn the adjustment bolt to obtain correct bolt
2. Move the idler outward until the belt is properly
4. Tighten the four bolts holding the adjustment
adjusted. Tighten the adjustment bolt.
3. Check the adjustment.
5. Tighten the adjustment bolt locknut.
4. Tighten the pivot bolt.
MOUNT FAN DRIVE
SAFETY SHUT-OFF CONTROLS
The shut-off controls must be checked to insure
proper functioning if and when needed. To prevent
damage to your engine while making the required tests,
only authorized personnel should perform the checks.
Contact your Caterpillar dealer.