225. Chassis Wiring Harness Removal
(2) Inspect the conduit for breaks, bends, or
other damage. Repair or replace as
a. Disconnect the trailer marker, tall, and blackout
b. Disconnect the wiring harness from the trailer
suitable instrument or test light.
(4) Check for shorts between the leads and
c. Remove the screws and slips which secure the
wiring harness conduit to the chassis and remove the
(5) Replace worn, damaged, or defective
harness and conduit.
leads and conduit.
226. Chassis Wiring Harness Cleaning, Inspection,
227. Chassis Wiring Harness Installation.
a. Install the wiring harness, conduit, clips and
a. Cleaning. Clean all parts with an approved
screws on the chassis.
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
b. Connect the marker, tail, and blackout lights
b. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect the wiring harness for breaks, or
c. Connect the trailer electrical coupling, (TM 5-
frayed condition. Repair or replace as