4-23. Lubricating Oil Lines
4-24. Cooling System
a. General. Lubricating oil circulated by the gear
A centrifugal type water pump driven from the blower is
used in the radiator and fan cooling system. It circulates
type pressure pump flows through the various com-
the engine coolant through the oil cooler, cylinder block,
ponents such as the oil cooler, by-pass and full-flow filter
cylinder head and water outlet manifold. Refer to TM
and pressure regulator valve.
b. Inspection and Repair.
750-651 for flushing cooling system procedures.
(1) Check for proper oil level. Never allow oil
4-25. Water Manifold
level to drop below "low" mark on dipstick.
(2) Change oil and oil filter as recommended by
(1) Drain cooling system.
current Lubrication Order.
(3) Inspect tubing for breaks, cracks or
restrictions. Inspect attaching hardware for stripped
(1) Inspect the manifold for cracks or damage.
(4) Replace any damaged parts.
(2) Inspect attaching hardware for broken or
missing parts. Replace a defective part.
quires immediate attention if contami-
nated by anti-freeze solution or other
(2) Fill the cooling system to proper level.