(4) Install conveyor drive belts and adjust for
correct belt tension (Operator's Manual).
setscrews on inside collar securely.
(5) Install the main countershaft-to-overhead
(2) Install outside collar and tighten setscrews
conveyor drive guard (Operator's Manual).
Section V. ELEVATING WHEEL
The elevating wheel assembly, rotated by two trunnion
wheels, elevates crushed aggregate received from the
undercrusher conveyor, and discharges it onto the
overhead conveyor for resizing and scalping.
65. Elevating Wheel Assembly
(1) Remove the elevating wheel assembly
(2) Remove the overhead conveyor tail frame
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the elevating wheel
assembly in the numerical sequence as illustrated on
Remove parts 1 through 42 from the
plant, and parts 43 through 134 from
the elevating wheel.
Disassemble the sprocket idler bearing (6, fig. 39-2) as
d. Trunnion Bearing Disassembly. Disassemble
Figure 39-1. Conveyor tail frame and hopper,
removal and installation
e. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
Reassemble the sprocket idler bearing assembly as
(2) Inspect all parts for excessive wear.
Replace or repair defective parts.
h. Reassembly. Reassemble the elevating wheel
f. Trunnion Bearing Reassembly. Reassemble the
in the reverse of the numerical sequence as illustrated