LUBRICATION AND MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
ENGINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
CHECKING OIL PRESSURE GAUGE READING
1. Remove the crankcase drain plug.
2. Unscrew and remove the filters. Be sure the old
Observe the oil pressure gauge frequently. If the
filter gasket does not remain attached to the filter
indicator registers below NORMAL, or fluctuates,
base: Leaking between the new and old filter
determine the cause and take the necessary corrective
gaskets will result.
3. Wipe the filter base.
CHECKING OIL LEVEL
Check the oil level before starting. Maintain the oil
level between the ADD and FULL marks on the dipstick.
See the Lubrication and Maintenance Chart for proper
WIPING THE FILTER BASE
4. Apply a thin coat of clean oil to the gasket of each
5. Install new filters. Hand tighten the filter 1/2 turn
after the gasket contacts the filter base.
6. Install the drain plug. Fill the crankcase with clean
oil. See the Lubrication and Maintenance Chart for
refill capacity and proper oil to use.
CHECKING THE OIL LEVEL
7. Check oil level before starting.
8. Start and run the engine until it is warm; check for
CHANGING CRANKCASE OIL AND FILTERS
Drain the crankcase with the engine stopped and oil