replace the fuel In the tank. By filling the tank In the late
Open the fuel tank drain valve to drain water and
afternoon, this humid air Is expelled before the moisture
sediment from the fuel tank.
To minimize water
can condense on the cool inside walls of the fuel tank.
the fuel is consumed, air with some humidity must
CLEANING PRIMARY FILTER ELEMENT
INSTALLING NEW FINAL FUEL FILTER ELEMENTS
1. Stop the engine,
1. Unscrew and remove the filter. Be sure the old filter
2. Close the diesel fuel supply valve.
gasket doe not remain attached to the filter bas:
3. Loosen the nut on the cover and remove the case
Leaking between the new and old filter gaskets will
4. Clean the element and case in clean kerosene or
5. Before Installing the filter, Inspect the gaskets.
Install new gaskets if necessary.
6. Install the cleaned filter element and case.
7. Prime the fuel system,
2. Clean the gasket sealing surface of the filter base.
3. Lubricate the new filter gasket with clean diesel fuel.
4. Tighten filter by hand until gasket contacts base;
then tighten 1/2 turn more.
5. Prime the fuel system.
PRIMARY FUEL FILTER
Do not pour fuel Into the new filter element
If air is trapped in the fuel system, the diesel engine
will either not start, or will misfire.
To prime the system:
1. Stop the engine.
2. Loosen the vent valve on the fuel pump housing.
Operate the priming pump only when the
bleed valve is open.
3. Operate the electric starter, or the hand priming
pump if so equipped, until the flow of fuel from the
filter Is continuous and free of bubbles.