3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
a) remove pistons
1. Remove the rings from the piston with tool (A).
2. Remove snap ring (2), pin (1), and connecting
rod (3) from the piston.
Piston Ring Groove Cleaner
1. Install connecting rod (1) in the piston with boss
(2) on the same side as the hole (crater) in the
top of the piston.
2. Install piston pin (3) and snap ring (4).
3. When old pistons are to be used, clean the
piston grooves with tool (A).
4. Install the spring for the oil ring. Install the oil
ring with tool (B). The gap in the ring must be
approximately 180° from the oil ring spring
5. Install the compression ring using tool (B). The
side of the ring having identification "TOP" must
be toward top of piston. The gaps in the rings
must be approximately 120° apart.
NOTE: Compression rings not having identification must
be installed with the edge having a bevel toward the top
of the piston.
a) install pistons