LUBRICATION AND MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
ENGINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
CHECKING OIL PRESSURE GAUGE READING
2. Unscrew and remove the filters. Be sure the old
filter gasket does not remain attached to the filter base:
Observe the oil pressure gauge frequently. If the
Leaking between the new and old filter gaskets will result.
indicator registers below NORMAL, or fluctuates,
determine the cause and take the necessary corrective
3. Wipe the filter base.
CHECKING OIL LEVEL
Check the oil level before starting. Maintain the oil
level between the ADD and FULL marks on the dipstick.
See the Lubrication and Maintenance Chart for proper oil.
WIPING THE FILTER BASE
Apply a thin coat of clean oil to the gasket of each
5. Install new filters. Hand tighten the filter 1/2 turn
after the gasket contacts the filter base.
6. Install the drain plug. Fill the crankcase with clean
CHECKING THE OIL LEVEL
oil. See the Lubrication and Maintenance Chart for
refill capacity and proper oil to use.
CHANGING CRANKCASE OIL AND FILTERS
7. Check oil level before starting.
Drain the crankcase with the engine stopped and oil warm.
8. Start and run the engine until it is warm; check for
1. Remove the crankcase drain plug.