Figure 33 - continued.
and amperage output through several cycles of increasing and decreasing engine speed from idle-to-
operating-to-idle speed to make sure adjustments are stable.
(e) Remove adapters and connect cables.
(f) Install regulator cover.
84. Generator and Bracket
a. On-Unit Test.
(1) Make a test connection as shown on 4, figure 33.
(2) Start engine and slowly build up rpm to operating speed. Observe voltmeter. The minimum voltage is 27.5
(3) If voltage is not built up to required value, generator is defective and must be replaced.
b. Removal. Remove the generator and mounting bracket from the engine as instructed on figure 34.
Note. If removing bracket, remove the generator regulator (par. 83).
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean the generator with a cloth dampened with approved cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect the generator for loose assembly hardware.
(3) Rotate the generator shaft to check for rough turning caused by defective bearings or dragging of the armature