a. General. Periodic service is required for trouble
(2) Remove old cartridge and discard. Do not clean
or reuse cartridge.
b. Battery Service.
(3) Inspect inside of air cleaner housing for foreign
(1) Check electrolyte level regularly. Add water if
material and then insert new filter cartridge pressing all
edges to effect a positive air seal.
(2) Keep top of battery clean. Inspect cables,
(4) Wipe precleaner panel and replace, tightening
clamps and hold down bracket regularly. Clean and re-
wing nuts securely.
apply a light coat of grease when needed.
(5) Inspect flexible hose and clamps. All fittings and
(3) Replace corroded or damaged parts. Refer to
connections must be air tight.
TM 9-6140-200-15 for maintenance of batteries.
(6) Reset the service indicator.
3-12. Air Cleaner Cartridges
3-13. Fuel Tank
a. General. The filter service indicator signals when
a. General. The fuel tank is located on the forward
to change cartridges. Change, the cartridges when red
left hand side of the jaw crusher plant. The fuel gage is
flag locks at top of the indicator.
located on top of the fuel tank.
b. Cartridge Removal and Replacement. Refer to
b. Fuel Tank Service. Refer to figure 3-5 and service
the fuel tank.
cartridge as follows:
(1) Loosen wing nuts and remove precleaner air
Figure 3-5. Fuel tank service.