cartridge as follows:
a. General. Periodic service is required for trouble
(1) Loosen wing nuts and remove precleaner air
b. Battery service.
(1) Check electrolyte level reglarly. Add water if
(2) Remove old cartridge and discard. Do not
clean or reuse cartridge.
(2) Keep top of battery clean. Inspect cables,
(3) Inspect inside of air cleaner housing for
clamps and hold down bracket regularly. Clean and re-
foreign material and then insert new filter cartridge
apply a light coat of grease when needed.
pressing all edges to effect a positive air seal.
(3) Replace corroded or damaged parts. Refer to
(4) Wipe precleaner panel and replace,
TM 9-6140-200-15 for maintenance of batteries.
tightening wing nuts securely.
3-12. Air Cleaner Cartridge
(5) Inspect flexible hose and clamps. All fittings
a. General. The filter service indicator located on
and connections must be air tight.
left side of cartridge housing signals when to change
(6) Reset the service indicator.
cartridges. Change the cartridges when red flag locks at
top of the indicator.
b. Cartridge Removal and Replacement. Refer to