a. Defective air cleaner.
6. Engine Smokes Excessively.
b. Improper grade of fuel
b. Use correct fuel.
7. Low or No Lubricating oil pressure
b. Defective gage
b. Report to organizational maintenance.
a. Dirty or clogged fuel filters.
8. Low or No Fuel Pressure Indication
b. Air in fuel system
b. Vent fuel system.
a. Feeding material too large to crusher
a. Reduce primary jaw crusher discharge
9. Roll crusher capacity low
c. Change discharge opening
Incorrect discharge opening between
a. Remove excess lubricant.
Too much lubricant.
10. Roll crusher bearing heated
b. Lubricate properly (LO 5-3820-23312/2,
Plant not level.
11. Excessive Roll Shell Wear.
Feeding oversize material.
a. Check maximum size of feed to roll
b. High circulating load.
b. Reduce discharge setting primary unit
a. Check spring adjustment.
12. Vibrating Screen Capacity Low.
Improper coil spring adjustment.
b. Tighten screen.
Loose screen wire.
Incorrect screen wire openings.
c. Change screen wire.
d. Check belt tension.
e. Check engine RPM.
a. Tighten wire.
Loose screen wire.
13. Excessive Screen Wear.
b. Replace rubber channels.
Rubber channel worn or missing.
a. Check box and square in base.
Screen box not square in base.
14. Excessive Vibration.
b. Check and tighten support spring
Screen improperly supported.
c. Screen out of level.
c. Check level of screen, especially cross-
wire and level plant.
d. Incorrect speed.
d. Check engine RPM.
Section V. MAINTENANCE OF CRUSHING AND SCREENING UNIT
(2) Check for proper position of element seat and
The instructions in this section are published for the
(3) Examine the filter retaining seal for hardening
information and guidance of the operator to maintain the
crushing and screening unit.
d. Filter Element Replacement.
(1) Place a new element over the stud and down
3-5. Secondary Fuel Filter Element
against the seat. Make sure the drain cock is closed;
a. General. The fuel filter is located between the
then, fill the shell two-thirds full with clean fuel oil.
fuel pump and the fuel inlet manifold. It is important that
(2) Install a new gasket in the recess of the shell.
the fuel filter is kept clean at all times.
(3) Place shell and element in position under the
b. Filter Element Removal. Refer to figure 3-1 and
cover. Use a new gasket over the cover bolt and thread
remove the secondary fuel filter element as follows:
bolt into the stud.
(1) Drain the fuel filter.
(4) With the shell and gasket in position, tighten
(2) Unscrew cover bolt and remove shell and
the cover bolt to prevent fuel leakage.
(5) Remove filler plug and fill shell with fuel.
(3) Remove and discard the element, the shell
(6) Start the engine and check for fuel system
gasket, and cover bolt gasket.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Wash the shell thoroughly with fuel oil and