3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
4. If the valve does not slide out of the nozzle,
install tool (C) and remove valve as follows:
a) Push valve into nozzle with tool (C) until
valve is against bottom of nozzle.
b) Push down on body of tool (C) to engage
collet on valve with tool (C).
c) Turn nut counterclockwise and remove
valve from the nozzle body.
5. Put the parts in solvent to loosen carbon and
deposits of foreign material.
The body is
assembled with an epoxy material and must not
be in contact with the solvent for more than one
to two hours. See SPECIAL INSTRUCTION
FORM NO. FM055225 for the correct method of
cleaning the nozzle.
Nozzle Holding Tool
Nozzle Test Group
sure all of the parts have been
thoroughly cleaned before assembling the nozzles.
Flush the body to remove any debris or lapping
1. Put clean fuel on all of the parts.
2. Put valve (1) in position in the body as shown.
3. Install adjusting screw (7) into pressure screw
(5). Turn the adjusting screw two or three turns
and install locknut (6). Do not tighten the
4. Put shims (4), spring (3), and seat (2) in position
on the adjusting screw. The thicker shim of
shims (4) must be against the screw.
5. Put seat (2) in contact with the valve and push
the valve into position in the body. Tighten the