4-68. Key Plates
The key plates hold the stationary jaw in place and with
the jaws form the crushing chamber of the crusher.
key plates as follows:
(1) Remove bolts (4) and nuts attaching key
(2) Hook chain in bolt hole and attach chain to
power shovel or similar equipment.
(3) Drive out with sledging on side of plate and
steady pull on chain.
(4) Use same procedure on lower key plate.
b. Inspection. Inspect key plates for wear and
replace if plates are worn nearly through.
Key plates worn completely through
impede the flow of material through the
crusher discharge opening.
in the reverse procedure of removal.
(2) To install the key plates in place, pound with
a heavy hammer and simultaneously tighten the hold
down bolts to ensure jaw is properly tightened and
Figure 4-62. Key plate, removal and installation.