Section IV. OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
a. The instructions in this section are published for
(1) Disengage the power take-off clutch.
the information and guidance of the personnel
(2) Set the throttle at about mid-position.
responsible for operation of the Crushing and Screening
(3) Push the starter button to start engine and
warm to operational temperature.
b. The operator should know how to perform every
(4) Set throttle to operating speed and gradually
operation which the Crushing and Screening Unit is
start to engage the power take-off clutch.
capable. This section gives instructions on starting and
(5) While engaging the clutch, water the vibrating
stopping the Secondary Unit and the basic motions of the
screen. After the screen completes one cycle, rapidly
plant, and on coordinating the basic motions to perform
push the clutch lever into fully engaged position.
the specific tasks for which the equipment is designed.
(6) Engine component clutches for conveyors
Since nearly every job presents a different problem, the
(7) Allow unit to run idle at full speed for a few
operator may have to vary given procedures to fit the
minutes before starting production.
(8) Recommended engine speed setting is 1800
RPM for normal operation.
Perform the necessary daily preventive
b. Disengage power take-off and conveyor clutch
Figure 2-17. Starting the crushing and screening unit.