Figure 4-26. Starting motor, removal and installation.
4-42. Slave Receptacle Connector
(1) Removal cover band from starter.
a. General. The slave receptacle is mounted on
(2) Removal terminal screw, lift brush spring and
right front end of the engine below the radiator.
remove brush. Repeat for other brushes.
(3) Lift brush spring and install now for other
(1) Disconnect leads of slave receptacle connectors
brushes. Always replace complete set.
(4) Seat brushes using a seating hone or No.00
(2) Remove four cap screws, nuts and lock washers
securing slave receptacle connector to
support and remove connector.
(1) Inspect receptacle connector for cracked or
(2) Inspect leads for frayed, cut or broken
insulation. Inspect terminals for corrosion. Re- place or
repair broken or damaged parts.
d. Installation. Install in reverse procedure of removal.
Figure 4-27. Starting motor, brushes replacement.