POWER COUPLING SYSTEM
FRONT POWER TAKE-OFF
4. Test the clutch adjustment. If still too "soft", rotate
CHECKING CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT
the ring to the next notch. If the adjustment is too
tight-turn the ring back one notch.
While engaging the clutch to pick up the load, check the
5. Install the cover.
clutch adjustment. The clutch should engage with a hard
push and distinct snap. If engagement is "soft", adjust the
LUBRICATING FLYWHEEL CLUTCH
The flywheel clutch bearings are grease lubricated,
except the main shaft bearing. The main shaft bearing is
1. Stop the engine and remove the clutch inspection
1. Lubricate the shift lever bearings; 1 fitting on each
side of clutch housing.
CLUTCH INSPECTION COVER
LUBRICATING SHIFT LEVER BEARINGS
2. Turn the clutch until the lock pin, engaged in the
locking ring, is visible.
1. Oil level gauge
3. Pull the lock pin out and rotate the locking ring
clockwise until the lock pin pops into the next
2. Lubricate the pilot bearing; 1 fitting at the end of
shaft. If this fitting is not accessible, remove the
plug located on the circumference of the shaft near
the rear of the housing, and install a fitting.
3. Lubricate the shift-collar bearings; 1 fitting at top-
left of center.
4. Check the main shaft bearing oil reservoir level with
engine stopped. Maintain the oil level at the FULL
mark on the oil level gauge. Add oil through the fil-
ler tube on top of the bearing cage housing. See
the Lubrication and Maintenance Chart for proper
5. To drain the reservoir: Remove the drain plug
located on the lower right side of the shaft bearing
reservoir. Drain and install the drain plug. Fill to
the FULL mark on the oil level gauge. Install filler
DISENGAGING LOCKING PIN