Reassemble parts 11 through 26 as
spur gear guard assembly.
(1) Fill the finger gear guard assembly, spur
gear guard assembly, and countershaft housing with
lubricant (Operator's Manual).
Figure 42-17. Tightening pinion on countershaft.
Section IX. UNDERCRUSHER CONVEYOR
(4) Inspect skirtboards and flashing for
damage and replace if necessary.
The undercrusher conveyor is located below the roll
(5) Inspect trough and return roll assemblies
The undercrusher conveyor receives the
to make sure they turn freely. Replace defective
reduced aggregate from the roll crusher and delivers it
component parts as required.
to the elevating wheel, which carries the material to the
74. Undercrusher Conveyor
a. Removal and Disassembly
(1) Remove the conveyor belt (Operator's
undercrusher conveyor in the numerical sequence as
b. Head and Tail Pulley Bearing Disassembly.
Refer to figure 43-2 and disassemble the pulley bearing
c. Trough Roll Disassembly
to para 56c.
d. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect pulleys for dents, cracks, and
Figure 42-18. Spur gear guard assembly.
other damage. Replace a damaged pulley.
(3) Inspect bearings for scoring, pitting, and
binding. Replace a defective bearing.