3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
AIR INLET MANIFOLD
INSTALL AIR INLET MANIFOLD
1. Remove the tape from the openings in the
2. Inspect the gaskets for the air inlet manifold.
Install new gaskets if needed.
3. Put the air inlet manifold in position on the
engine and install the bolts that hold the
manifold in place.
NOTE: It will be necessary to install the one fuel
injection line that is connected to the inlet manifold.
4. Tighten the bolts for the manifold as follows:
a) Tighten bolts (3) and (4) to a torque of 15 ±
5 lb.ft. (2.1 ± 0.7 mkg).
b) Tighten bolts I through 8 in number
sequence to a torque of 32 ± 5 lb.ft. (4.4 ±
5. Connect hose for the crankcase ventilator valve
to the inlet manifold and tighten the clamp.
a) install fuel injection lines
b) install air cleaner