(2) Remove clutch collar and pull clutch from
4-57. Clutch and Clutch Controls
The clutch allows the operator to start and stop the
Inspect for visual damage and
feeder and control the quantity of material to the crusher.
replace clutch if necessary.
Continual disengaging of the clutch due to material build-
c. Installation. Refer to figure 4-52 and install clutch
up in the hopper will indicate to the operator that stroke
in the reverse procedure of removal.
of the feeder plate should be adjusted.
4-58. Clutch Control
(1) Disengage the clutch and pull out lock pin
the clutch control.
(2) Keep lock pin from re-engaging by inserting a
nail in pin hole.
(1) Inspect the universal joint for excessive wear.
(3) Turn adjusting yoke clockwise to tighten until
(2) Inspect control shaft for damage.
the clutch requires a distinct pressure to engage.
(3) Inspect clutch collar for damage.
(4) After adjusting, pull nail from lock pin to
engage clutch. Make sure lock pin engages in clutch
the reverse procedure of removal.
Loosen two screws in idler bracket.
clutch as follows:
Figure 4-52. Clutch, removal and installation.