3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
FUEL INJECTION PUMPS
a) remove fuel injection pumps
1. Remove the bushing (1) and seal from the
2. Remove the ring (3) from the bonnet and
barrel (7). Remove the check valve (6) and
spring (4) from the bonnet.
3. Remove the spring (8) and washer (5). Re-
move the plunger (9) and sleeve (10).
NOTE: Keep the plunger and sleeve with their re-
spective barrel for installation. Do not use
plungers, sleeves and barrels with other plungers,
sleeves and barrels.
1. Install the sleeve (4), plunger (5), spring (2)
and washer (3) on the barrel (1).
NOTE: Be sure the sleeve and plunger are installed
in their original barrel and the large hole in the
plunger is up. The sleeve must be installed with the
thin flange up.
2. Install the check valve and spring in the
bonnet. Connect the barrel and bonnet and
install the ring. Install the seal and bushing
on the bonnet.
a) install fuel injection pumps